Topic: Moneta's Crafting Tips, please add yours!
- arrange your toolbelts so they have the tools you need, and the tool for your most common Complication,
1 belt for each station. This way you do not pay the 10 AP penalty for changing belts mid crafting.
On lvl 10 you can buy and use a 4 slot belt.
- Higher points in Finesse helps you get your orders Grade up.
- Search broker/ do batchorders for new craftgear, it helps you a lot.
- For grinding: take 2 solo moderate orders+ 1 easy batch order pr. round. The solo orders give quick xp
and faction, where as the batch order might wield some nice crafting gear or a rare recipi! Try to avoid
making grade D on workorders, as they give no xp, and no coin.
- Adjusting Craft Skills: In lower tiers, try having the tool and the utility skills higher than the station skill
(220 in utility, 220 in tool, and only 175 in station).
- After t2: Keep you Station skills high, as a maxed skill lessens the chance of complications.
- Tools should be kept fairly high, while Utility can be slacked a bit.
- Pay attention to and learn your complications, to know which are safe to ignore and which should be
solved nomatter what.
- If you make finishing items (not for Work-orders) , refining items grant you a quality boost:
Grade A items : + 18% quality
Grade B items : + 12% quality
If you need more than one refined item, take more than 50% of Grade A item and you get + 18% quality.
- If you have a two steps in a part of your recipe, you must make progress in both steps for exactly 50%
- usefullcommands /macros:
/craftingselectstep X (X=1,2,3,4,5)
/craftingselectaction Y (Y=1,2,3,4.5)
- When you hit t3, you can no longer buy attuning dusts from the npcs. you have to buy them from other
players or trade them, or get them via workorders. But the main way to get attuning powders (powders
are t3) are through deconstructing items. you will have deconstruct recipes when you hit t2 and t3.
Learning the other continents Style Tips:
A good lvl to start is with adventure lvl 15, so you can move around ok safe. Recommended after craft lvl
11, after you did your hometown amateur quest. Once you did the Learning the Continent Style quest, head
to the +2 craft places and grind faction to 150. Then go back to main city to do the amatuer quest, that will
give you the additional 50 points needed to also learn the t2 recipies.
Kojan Style: + piercing
Pick up quest in Tanvu, when done head to Tawar Galan for +2 kojan artisan faction per workorder.
Grind single orders all you can
Qalia Style: + slashing
Pick up in Khal, when done, head to +2 craftcamp, not marked on map but south of Khal, approx: -13, -10.
If KoS at dark elf city: kill 200 bad dark elfs around the city, that should make them accept you.
Thestran Style: + crushing
Pick up in New Targonor, when done, head to +2 craftcamp , at Konarti Point, furthest East on map.
Quests for Crafting Gear
Some requires a specific tradeskill city faction, and some the help of your fellow crafters.
* Apron: Khal- Izzet, at camels in the V between East harbor and East Khal.
* Apron: Kanni, in Ca'ial Brael, lvl 10 apron+ faction
* Misc. gear: Bordinar's Cleft, Thestra: Argus Darkhammer gives 2 quests.
* Jewelery: Thestra: Osmal, gives quests when your Tursh Tradeskiller faction is 50.
* Shirt: Thestra: Leth Nuvae: Lallos
- and many others added now, so look around when you get to a new outpost.
* Strength: Sentry
* Constitution: Drifter
* Dexterity: Brigand
* Vitality: Votary
* Intelligence: Charlatan
* Wisdom: Mystic
* Strength: Protector
* Constitution: Wayfarer
* Dexterity: Brute
* Vitality: Fanatic
* Intelligence: Grifter
* Wisdom: Oracle
... more to come, please add yours!!! I am happy to copy/ paste in here, so all is gathered in one place
Added stuff from: Graf, Lorelei, Seibas, Twigely and VG Crafters
Most importantly! Remember, just because you are sweating over a workorder doesn't mean
you can't stay fashionable!!! Pink gloves, tempting..... yet so wrong... Graf /nudge