Topic: about vg raid

post from a dev :

We have posted on this subject since early in beta. 24 people, four groups, is the raid size.

We want to be able to create content where each player has to play a part and doesnt simply feel like a cog in a giant machine that has no effect on the real outcome.

If we had a raid cap of 40 players, some people would complains. If we had a raid cap of 80 players, someone would complain.

In regard to raid size in relation to guilds, on a previous project, we saw massive guild bloat when encounters were tuned or created for more than 30ish people. Many times the guilds would simply explode in numbers just so they could keep up with the content - it stopped being about playing with a bunch of cool people you knew and more about the "job" of being in a raiding guild.

~Tagad

Vous préoccupez pas trop de ce post, je dis n'imp comme d'habitude =/

Re: about vg raid

I can't agree more. Now we need our scouts to find our firsts raids targets ! Not to raid everyday of course, but some good old guild meeting once in a while arround some dead meat always makes me happy big_smile

3 (edited by Sharpaw 19-02-2007 15:28:03)

easy in almost all dungeons 60% yu got a raid boss( 6 dot with 5 dot guard) Or 5/6 dot walkers in specific outdoor areas. .
we just need a real guild coordination  on the same continent and not everyone spreading everywhere like noobs,what we are atm. Not really a guild just a chat room.
SO speaking about raid is yet a bit fast... Aswell a scout can t reach that alone, he need the support of the group but as everyone is going on his own side , it s not a win).
yu know what i mean leads... Atm here i m totally disgusted of how we play in guild. I dont want to start a whine post. But where is our guild spirit or our groups?
No where, even our old buddies give up cause going grinding and solo is easier...

I understand your feelings, and I share them more or less.

At the moment I am concerned by recruiting more than anything else. Grouping only with the old friends is very rewarding of course because we all good players (indeed !! tongue), but that doesnt help us meeting new peoples. What I really dont want is to be lvl 50 with a guild filled up with 10 peoples, old friends or not smile

Recruiting would solve the both problem, the LFG one and the mandatory fresh blood one.. (Our goal is to raid, to be able to achieve that, we need something like 35 more people in guild, to be able to fill regulary 24 spots in raid).

I also think we level too fast if you look at the overall server level. Being lvl 20+ is easy with the previous mmorpg experience we have, but fooling arround in empty zones is may be not the best way to get involved in game, and probably the worst way to meet peoples. Thats why I am playing Schet atm, give time to the time, and meeting people that spent time to try differents classes, did some diplomacy or tradeskill.

The goal is of course to play together on the long run, please give the game and the server some time to grow up, and let's get more people like Moneta and her friends smile

it is right that for now the guild is not really playing together, but let's not forget everyone is not even lvl20 yet .

I agree that lvling solo is prolly faster (for now) till lvl20, i can say that very soon everyone will give up on solo and start grping seriously. Travels are not so long when you move from a continent to another, and with a bind to the right place, you can travel fast enough to organize a grp.

Time will tell, but i'm sure it will get better soon, the problem with this game is that you feel high lvl even in the first 20 lvl ! good or not i'm not sure! but it's fun wink

Something is sure is you are all so slow wink i had the time to lvl 3 toon to lvl15+ and the average guild lvl must be around 16 only atm ;p I hope by the time Zila get to 20 everyone will be rdy to grp and work together those 30 hard lvl coming! wink

Vous préoccupez pas trop de ce post, je dis n'imp comme d'habitude =/

6 (edited by Mettini 19-02-2007 16:05:52)

A little problem is, when you like only adventure sphere (Zila and Schet for example), it's easy to be faster then others. I level diplo, it's very very long (factions and so), and I begin crafting, because Graf is torturing me to make a beautiful boat, and crafting is much longer then the beginning of diplomacy.

Mettini :martien