Topic: What are you playing atm?^^

Greetings everyone... Iam stuck with WoW again. Just bought BC a month ago. Playing a feral on a german server. Pretty much ph4t l3wts up there! What about you? Vanguard looks pretty dead to me..

Re: What are you playing atm?^^

I've went back to EvE, i believe the Vanguard thing ended VERY quickly.

We are back on EQ big_smile

May Saint Cavalera be with you!

Bought Burning Crusade when everyone stopped playing VG, but I don't have much time these days, so it's almost only Arena (with RL friends) for me.

http://sigs.promisedlandt.de/truestory.png

Still on Lotro !

Astartee wrote:

We are back on EQ big_smile

Where? And is it now any good?

The question is quite simple but the answer is not !

And its late so I might answer tomorrow tongue

Like you noticed inbetween we are on antonius bayle, the euro server.

If you are looking for old-school fun, without all the teenies and with mature coplayers and are not bothered by old-school graphics EQ is for you.

The expansions after oow and especially the last 2 expansions are really good, and of course when you come back after 4 years break you have alot to do.

Some details about how is EQ today..

There are lots of single group content (quests, missions, etc) to achieve so the need for numbers to raid isn't as essential at it was during our "Glorious times". I mean, not for us coming back from 3 years break. Of course people that never stopped (like Rusum) probably don't need anything from group content.

100hp items are now laughable lvl 12 twink stuff. I had Saturday the potime robe for schet, I was almost disappointed, only 220hp wtf.

Gaining access to potime is just zoning in with the 85/15 rule and looting a comon item.
Gaining access to Anguish (last zone from Omens of War) is "just" camping 7 groupables items then zoning in and looting a common item.

There are (very successfull) open raids to potime and Anguish. Its possible to get invited in raids by Jester in Norrath (sundays) and some semi-confidentials-semi-open raids some of the others days.

Katta Castrum from the last expansion is a place where you can get good stuff from doing groups missions, collecting faction and Orum (which is a specific currency), a bit like LDoN expansion. Link to the rewards so you have an idea : http://www.angelfire.com/myband/TrevorH … chants.htm

SoE went mad with numbers :
- I have seen 750hp items (item+ aug) and its probably not the top.
- common trash in lvl 75 zones may quad for 1000+
- I met a 28000hp 4000ac warrior
- There are 15000hp/mana casters

Leveling from beginning is very fast now, thanks for the "hot zones" that gives double xp.

There is now an "out of combat" regen like in wow. After 30 sec out of combat and sitting you regen 4% hp and mana / tic.

There are now 2 specials zones you can access from pok : the Guild Lobby and the Guild Hall. Thoses zones stop the buffs timers. The Guild Lobby has NPC that can summon your corpses from anywhere for a price (no more painfull CR) and the guild hall (which requires a guild to enter) has NPC that can TP you in most interesting places for a price.

Lot of other things have changed but thats all I think of atm !

Ah I forgot ! Mettini managed to finish her epic 2.0 yesterday !

Hoy hoy mister Why-Why ! Happy to see you again !)

Like Asta said, there are a lot of things to do, after 3 years break, 5 extensions, etc.
I moveloged Metti, and it's still a very funny game, with nice people. Atm we are guildless, with a non-convincing french guild test tongue
Next extension coming in 2 weeks (lvl 80), you can buy all the extensions in a pack (and I can't find the link where I read that ppppffffff), I suggest you to take all, because each one has something interesting/help to make your character progressing.

Gogol is our home !
See you there smile

Mettini :martien

Erm just to make it clear : Jesters in Norrath's raids are not open raids... We can invite friends, but I'm afraid I can't invite a huge number of friends.

But everything said by Schet and Metti is true, it's not that hard to get some decent 250 HP/mana stuff, and definately possible to have tons of fun !

Si tu veux sauver un arbre, mange un castor.

I really doubt we will have a "huge number of friends" again in EQ smile

Anyway to clarify, here are the raid possibilities :
- Open potime saturdays arround 18h
- Open CoA saturdays arround 17h
- Invite in closed raids during week by some friends (DoN+).
- Open Tacvi raids, access is required tho.
- Possibles invites by Jester in Norrath for CoA closed raids Sundays evenings IF you are very nice with Roitelet and Ibuprofene big_smile

Please note there are lockout times on CoA and Potime raids.

Mettini wrote:

Next extension coming in 2 weeks (lvl 80), you can buy all the extensions in a pack (and I can't find the link where I read that ppppffffff), I suggest you to take all, because each one has something interesting/help to make your character progressing.

Cou cou Metti, Schet, Tartee, Letto etc.

Yes, it seems I must do this. I presume I could not progress beyond level 70 until I got the "old new" expansions.

After the guild FB disbanded on EQ2, many guildies moved to a raiding guild in RunnyEye including Dhemon/Drachan.

Tarass, Camaie and me tried for a while a free open beta MMORPG with chinese heroic fantasy theme and Item Mall system (account is free but if you want extra things you pay) : Perfect World Online. It's the equivalent of Wow in Malaysia, but has many open beta server in asian countries like Japan, Taiwan and China. We played with an amateur english translated patch until lvl 50ish (on 100)and now we are waiting for the international server to open (official engrish translated).

Some of us tried also Tabula Rasa and/or waiting for Aion open beta to play them.

Some screencaps of the game :

http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd281/siteriss/pw3.jpg

http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd281/siteriss/pw2.jpg

http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd281/siteriss/pw1.jpg

The chnéou haxx0red WoW ?

I like the panda dual-wielding a 2H axe big_smile

Wow, that looks pretty nice. WoW meets Final Fantasy, i could play that hehe.

he forget to show you the huge manta he got to use to fly also tongue

Camaie
Slacker in EQ2 world, and crazy gnome in vanguard

I completly stopped all online game since january, experimenting social life and finally .... i like it
So, i prefer spend my time on familly stuff (girlfriend + her child = very few free time remaining)
I also discovered that sleeping more than 4h per night can be good :-)

Saphir, ex game addict