1 (edited by Kass 10-08-2015 10:55:47)

Topic: Progression on live, wich path to take ?

I open this topic so we can discuss the progression path we would like to follow:

2 questions:

-how we progress on raid target and
-at what speed we do it?

The main idea is to choose if we progress on a extension path or on a mob tier path.

Extension path is simple and would take us from extension to extension.

Tier path would make us kill target by difficulty rather than extension. At lvl 51 their is not much to do out of Vox, Nagafen, PoH and PoF armors farm, PoF minis, PoS, anything else ? would we also start kill epic target (if some wanna make epic). When do we go up to lvl 60 for next content?

At 60 we have 2 ways we could follow, first is going to kunark, kill VS, royals, dragons and then move on to Velious once we think we farmed them enough. Other one is to make some sort of Tiers, and just kill all target we can kill till we can move the next tier ones.
For exemple, kill Kunark dragons, Royals, VS but Also some easyer mobs to do like Lord Djo in Velk or The vadyn, rumblecrush, acrylia wurm, the Ragh 1, but also Raid in CT on ring of slime  and other targets pretty easy to do. But also farming HoT armor for exemple. Then once stuffed enought move on to a bit harder target like Vindi, Velk, CT, Dracho, Zlandi, Dozekar (if we want to take time doing this quests), XTC, Ragh 3 and so on, then next Tier etc...

Also what way we do that? there is no more keys needed for Vex Thal, sleeper tombs and veeshan peak for exemple, but that's pretty long zone to do, so do we do them, considering it will take hours of clear we maybe don't have time to take, do we skip this content, or an intermediary path logging a lvl 100 toon to clear the way in a few minutes and then just camping it and killing nameds with progression toons ?

Lets talk about all that and all others things  you want to deal with!

Re: Progression on live, wich path to take ?

Hello all !

from time to time, i check this forum.
I am still playing this old game :-)

You started on Progression Server Ragefire/Lockjaw some weeks/months ago - and now you move to FV / Cazic Thule (aka. Fennin Ro aka. Torvon-Server) ?

I have some questions:

- Free2Play or Premium Accounts ?
- access to all old toons on the same accounts ?
- started new characters from scratch ?

- what level range are you now ?
- on which day / time, you playing ?
- time per week online ?
- leveling in group or almost alone ?

- raiding old expansions (Old World, Kunark, Velious, Luclin, Planes, GoD) - includes LDoN and LoY only ?
- raiding with more than 1 character per person ?
- raid-size ? got enough healing - tanking and dps power for the targets ?
- its too late to join with a free2play account ?

After P1999, TheHiddenForest, Imperium Server, i am now on ChroniclesofNorrath.
I tested the (new) Classic-Server Legacy of FrostStone from the same server-owner, but its sooo time consuming, playing solo there.

On ChroniclesofNorrath, there are 15-30 characters online (yesterday on sunday around 25, raiding Planes of Power (Manaetic Behemoth and PoValor for HoH access)
and some better geared starting GoD (Ikkinz Group Trials).

http://www.chroniclesofnorrath.com/
http://legacyoffroststone.com/

So, i am now at level 50ish on CoN, but almost playing solo (2 characters).
I can help with starter gear and some plat/damage shield/leveling help, if some starts here on CoN.

--
Rusum

Hi Rusum! Happy to see you are still around wink

We have both type of account, free and Premium, it depend the players, but nothing is mandatory!
We have acces to old toon, but we don't do any twinking, we started new character from nothing and will do content progression style

We are between lvl 20 and 51, we actually stop at 51 and will do old world content before going to 60 and make a new stop for kunark velious and luclin content.
We are near all raiding with 2 characters, but nothing mandatory.
So far we have 3 cleric 1 war 1 SK 1 druid 1 necro 1 sham 1 monk 1 mag 1 wiz 1 BST, fullgaz will join us when back from holidays and we have 1 friend who will try to catch us with a Bard, but he is discovering EQ !

So we will be 2/3 group raiding, you can of course join us on a free account, it iwll be a great pleasure! play whatever you want smile Lvling is a piece  of cake with mercenary and we will mainly focus on raiding (i made lvl 1 to 41 in like  15 hours played ).

Our only rules so far are: no twink, no defiant gear, no mercenary in raid, we do it on a progression style.

First of all, hi Rusum.

For simplicity, i favor Extension path because it draws a easier way to see what you miss/need to do for unlock next expansion. But i really dont care ; some "tier" path works too.

Add an ENC to raid roster.

5 (edited by Silverjade 14-08-2015 17:53:58)

- Free2Play or Premium Accounts ?
- access to all old toons on the same accounts ?
- started new characters from scratch ?

- Some of us has Premium account for Ragefire, till the end of August at least. After that, we will all play on F2P account (i guess).
- Most of us have access to their old toons from Torvo era, but we dont plan do use them at all (in raid conditions i mean)
- All of us create new characters from scratch

- what level range are you now ?
- on which day / time, you playing ?
- time per week online ?
- leveling in group or almost alone ?

- Capped at 51 right now for the raiders ; we all are at this stage (but, as you know, that take 2 or 3 days to reach).
- We plan to make 2 raids nitght/week ; Wednesday & Friday so far most probably.
- Cant answer that. But based on what i see on guild roster, most of us have near a daily presence for some hours.
- Most of the lvling have been done solo (til now)

- raiding old expansions (Old World, Kunark, Velious, Luclin, Planes, GoD) - includes LDoN and LoY only ?
- raiding with more than 1 character per person ?
- raid-size ? got enough healing - tanking and dps power for the targets ?
- its too late to join with a free2play account ?

- We starting with Vanilla stuff for now. Dont know for how long/how many expansions we'll go, but at least PoP looks like a safe bet. We havent decided anything relative to loY/Ldon yet.
- All of us are multi-comping (2 tri-box, rest dual-box) ; we havent put any limits to that so far.
- Raid size is 12-13 now. We wont plan to zerg anything, so i would tell we wont (probably) go over 18 chars (count 3 4 full grp top)
- It's not too late.

Dunno if i will come.

a major part of mmo for me is economy. I made almost 8K on ragefire.

but on CT.... dunno if I'll be able to play this part of the game. i'll see smile