Topic: No More KEys!

Rytan_the_Wyrmlord

EQ Asst. Lead Designer

As I'm sure most of you are aware, backflagging has been a hot topic for EQ for quite a while now.  The complex flagging mechanisms for older expansions can make it difficult for guilds that take on new people to experience the content they are wanting to do.  With the sheer amount of content between Qeynos and Crystallos it can be extremely difficult for new players to catch up with their friends in any reasonable time frame.

So, in order to make it easier for players to access appropriate content we would like to make some changes to previous flags.  All of the existing flags will stay in place, as will the various quest rewards that were additional benefits to their completion.  However, the following zones will have an alternate entry criteria of a minimum level.  It's important to know that either the previous key OR the new minimum level is required to enter the zone, not both.

Required Level 46
The Howling Stones
Old Sebilis
Cobalt Scar

Required Level 55
Veeshan's Peak
Vex Thal
Sleeper's Tomb
Locked areas of the Temple of Ssraeshza

Required level 57
Bastion of Thunder
Halls of Honor
The Temple of Marr
Tower of Solusek Ro
Drunder, The Fortress of Zek
Yxxta
Kod`taz

Required Level 60
Plane of Water
Plane of Air
Plane of Fire
Plane of Earth
Uqua
Ikkinz

Required Level 62
Plane of Time
Qvic
Inktu`Ta

Required Level 65
Txevu
Tacvi

Re: No More KEys!

Required Level 46
The Howling Stones
Old Sebilis
Cobalt Scar

EQ just died for good sad

3 (edited by Zark 08-04-2008 15:28:40)

Schet. wrote:

EQ just died for good sad

Well I am pleased that they are removing the flagging from (for example) the elemental planes, although i am fully elementally flagged myself, because it will be great for next year's "Fabled Season" as we will be able to get enough people into Plane of Fire and Vex Thall to have a go at the Fabled mobs there.

There really isnt any other reason to go to these zones, except maybe for a few quest drops - but that would not be enough value to make it worth anyone's while getting flagged.

Incidentally my latest item was from Fabled Grieg Veneficus on Sunday:

Fabled Belt of Virility   
MAGIC ITEM LORE ITEM NO TRADE
Slot: WAIST
AC: 42
DEX: +20 STA: +20 WIS: +30 INT: +30 AGI: +20 HP: +345 MANA: +355 ENDUR: +355
Avoidance: +15 Haste: +43%
Required level of 75.
WT: 0.1 Size: TINY
Class: ALL
Race: ALL
Slot 1, Type 8

Those Iksar ladies better watch out! tongue

Btw, did they manage to create a worse zone than Grieg's End? Man, I really hate that zone.

http://sigs.promisedlandt.de/truestory.png

Mogi wrote:

Those Iksar ladies better watch out! tongue

Funnily enough, that's what I said. But they all complain about the haste.

I was referring to OS and HS keys mainly, how hard it is to do those ? roll

Well I should stfu as we back nabbing in wow anyway big_smile

bleh WoW ptooooey!!!!

8 (edited by Zark 11-04-2008 17:53:21)

Schet. wrote:

I was referring to OS and HS keys mainly, how hard it is to do those ? roll

True, they were quite fun to do.

However, it is "worse" than you thought, they have also removed the flagging required for
Anguish
Demi-Plane of Blood
Theatre of Blood

in the patch today.

What we don't know is whether you still need to to the quest to counteract the zone-wide AEs.

My current computer didn't like WoW last time I tried it (as you will recall it kept crashing). For now I am happy with EQ and eagerly waiting for you and Metti to get bored with WoW again and come back.

BTW I now have a charm with 575hp on it as long as I stay in werewolf form. (From Crystallos group drop - works with any illusion). Aiely would not last 5 seconds in such zones, assuming she has only groupable TBS gear and a little Anguish gear, but no reason why Zaiely and Metti shouldnt be useful in groups.

However, it is pretty easy to gear up to just over full Anguish level with easily groupable stuff in SoF, then farm steam cores to upgrade further (they are now convertable from one class to another) then move to Crystallos for more uber stuff.

For now I am happy with EQ and eagerly waiting for you and Metti to get bored with WoW again and come back.

Years after John Lennon died, some (idiot) journalist asked Paul McCartney if The Beatles might reform some days.

Please allow me to paraphrase his answer -> Yes, I will come back playing EQ as soon as FD/Bag are alive again big_smile

I would also love to play with you again on any mmo Hzark (public love declarations ftw) but I am not sure what game it might be. Actually in wow we are in a guild uber enough to have several raid targets and constant progression but without (so far) too hard restriction in guild recruitement as soon as its friend and as soon you dont pretend joining raid with too crappy stuff. Main problem in this guild is : the raid leader is Astartee. I know, disgusting. Zilasak is back there as well, I know, even worse.

The good part is, Mogi doesn't know what server it is, so we are safe $$

<Awakening> / Wildhammer / Horde?

http://sigs.promisedlandt.de/truestory.png

L I E S !

Schet. wrote:

L I E S !

no its true smile

and they do rather well is last thing i heared...