Topic: Alternative way to Download the latest patch ?

For some reason it never finishes, damn it !

It has been downloading for 12 hours now and still have 11 to go...

Any ideas ?

/Qatar

Re: Alternative way to Download the latest patch ?

hu no idea currently downloading it .. it said 20 mn .. and 1mn 50 to go ....

you sould really have a bug or a network issue

Could be a network issue, checking this atm, only getting 100 kbit dowload speed where I should have 4,6 mbit

Could be that I DLed too much this month, Belgacom has a max limit, then they throttle down the bandwidth...

/Qatar

Can always try to log in via US servers, think you can choose it on launchpad,
where you type in name and password. They download from other servers afaik.

It's Belgacom who throttled me to 64kbit...I reached the 10 gig monthly transfer limit /Rude

It's sooo last millenium to limit the data traffic, but this is actually the first time I suffered from it.

/Qatar

6 (edited by Aurorya 31-03-2007 18:27:26)

Tutorial on an alternative way to download the new or updated file :
- Start the patcher as usual then when the 1st file process downloading cancel it
- Look into your Vanguard folder for a file named "VanguardPatch.log", open it with any text editor
- check lines that look like the following :

[18:41:52] Patcher: Checking File: Assets\SkeletalMeshes\UEM_ship_M_char.ukx
[18:41:52] Patcher: --- Refreshing cache for file.
[18:41:52] Patcher: --- File Discrepancy C for [Vanguard Main Files] C:\Program Files\Vanguard\Assets\SkeletalMeshes\UEM_ship_M_char.ukx: local -446502517: server -1129981797
[18:41:52] Patcher: Checking File: Assets\SkeletalMeshes\UEM_ship_M_char.ukx
[18:44:48] Patcher: Downloading UEM_ship_M_char.ukx [dloadsize=1559596; totalsize=2750162; crc=-1129981797]

Note every file in line with the notation "file discrepancy" or "file missing" (in my exemple it's UEM_ship_M_char.ukx

Open your favorite download software manager and create a job with the following link :

http://patch.vanguardsoh.net:7000/patch … ch1/main/*

with * being the path of the missing/outdated/corrupted file. For exemple I had problem with the file "UEM_ship_M_char.ukx.gz" which is located at the directory "C:\Program Files\Vanguard\Assets\SkeletalMeshes", so the url should be :

http://patch.vanguardsoh.net:7000/patch … har.ukx.gz

Don't forget to add the ".gz" to the url as it's a zipped archive.

Download the file then decompress it with a *.gz archived file manager like winzip or winrar and overwrite the old one.

In fact, the patcher is only an interface based on Internet Explorer (that is why the patch note can be accessed with a hyperlink), each patch is like one download at a time with IE, that is why it is better to use an internet download manager which can speed up significantly the patch time.