Topic: New Guild Leader

Since we have been left behind somehow.....

We need a guild leader who can push the guild towards raiding. Not only can, but will.

Plz anybody who knows he can do that, post for volunteering for it.

The ppl who were online decided, that we then do a vote for the one (or maybe several) who should be it.

Re: New Guild Leader

Hi Graf,

I've thought about it a little, and I think there should be a few leaders.
Maybe it would be a good idea too, to have one leader who is more crafting-wise, to coordinate crafting and harvesting in a guild (with helping officers maybe?).
I think there should be people in charge of the different areas of the game, such as Group questing, raiding, levelling, crafting, etc...

Just a thought, tell me what you think about it.

Ciao big_smile

Me

3 (edited by Moneta 18-04-2007 21:13:35)

I think so too Ilma. Ideally there are 2 leaders who can compliment each other, not get too powercrazy
and not get burned out in 2 secs either. Later on we would need a couple of Raidleaders, but imo that should
not nessesarily be the Guild Leaders job. Better to stay focused and use energy on specific tasks.

Anyway, so I would think Graf and Judge would be the perfect Leader Couple to me, but it is of course up to them.
I have been playing a lot (too much) lately and tbh, I don't see anyone else but those two, unless someone
has hidden talents hehe, which might very well be so, if so, speak up! smile

Many factors to be considdered. Where do we want to go as guild?

Well i dont even know where to start with all my thoughts about that 8P. Maybee let me explain first why I think soo many things should be considdered. I was Officer and partially leader/raid leader in quite a few games over the last 10 years. Alone 4 years in NoF in Everquest.

When you have to work in those positions there is certainly a different point of view on the things. One time i think Kilogramm stated on the EQ Boards that the game BoW plays is quite a different EQ most of the other players/guilds play. During PoP when NoF was at times "only" 6-7 months behind BoW and 6-7 months ahead of Guild number 5 to 20 on Torvonilus I started realizing what they where talking about. Sucessfull raiding means a lot of work and contribution. You need to have a Leader/Raidleader not only knowing his class but having huge communication skills, spending a lot of time researching, knowing other classes and their abilities very well, playing every day, having the strenght to say No, having the personality to motivate people to stay up at 0.30 for 1 hour to retry a raidboss while half of them have to get up at 4 or 6.

As a example I got the first Staff of Rampant Growth on my WoW server (Server first) at 1.30 in the night had to get up at 6. We just walked by the Top Guild of our server which was rebuffing and waiting 15 mins to loose the mark. We didnt talk. The raid leader gave orders and everyone followed. So we charged and knocked Lethon down. Took the look and off we went. Best thing about it where the people from the Top guild complaining to our raidleader (no flames tho) that they hated us knocking him down so easy while they whiped!!

Does already somone feel I am talking about him? Please speak up!

Now some of you will like what I wrote and some might feel that this is not the game they like to play. Thats perfectly fine with me I am also more relaxed in terms of raiding nowadays but one fact remains. The leader and raid leader of BaG should be a power persone. Someone that can push us higher! As a example for our Pantheon group. I think we sucked hard and slacked a lot (me too me too im no exeption). Not because we whiped. Because we did not enough retrails. We gave up after 3 deaths where we should have give up  after 8 or 9 each evening.

Do you understand somewhat what type of persone(s) I would like to see as our leader?

So now speaking about me as part of the leaderteam. Do I qualify for that job? I think I am not. Maybee in some areas I am good but you have to fulfill all above points to be a good leader for a Raiding guild.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There are many options tho. We can be a non raiding guild or a casual raiding guild if all in guild want that. We can also try to get in a raid alliance. Another option we just join a raiding guild. Every option has Pros and Cons. Judge yourself. BUt keep in mind just voting for a new leader quick to have it resolved wont help you and wont help the guild in the long run. First of all we should define ourself and what we want to do in VG.

There is a big flaw in my arguments above. For the next 3-6 months there wont be any raiding in VG. However lets see once you drool about a uber equipment part from a raid zone and you wont be able to obtain it for another 3 months beacuse right now we made the wrong decissions.

What is my vote for the leader? It will depend on what is your vote about the way BaG should go in future.

1.) If you want a raid guild doing 4 raids a week on maybee contested spawns my vot would be we all join a very good and active guild (have to reasearch which guilds are like that). I certainly can not push us there. Way to many buisness trips ahead to do this job right.

2.) If you want to do a raid every 2 weeks and you dont bother beeing less equipped than 50% of the server then we can go ahead with Graf and Me as leader ill help and try to orginze small raids now and then.

3.) If we want to become a non raiding guild there are many good people in the guild with a huge craft experiance where we could focus on money and building houses ships and so on. So for this model of guild it could be most likely any player of the regular players as leader and or a leading council 8). 

You tell me which way you want to go then I can tell you who would fit as leader imho.

5 (edited by Ikeda 22-04-2007 10:59:27)

Personally I will want to raid, in eq2 I did about 200 consecutive raids for fizzleblood. When raiding is added to this game I will be able to raid like.. 5 - 7 days per week and going for contested. However... right now I dont want to leave BaG, currently this is a great way to keep in touch with peeps from fizzleblood and what i want to be doing is leveling different classes to 50 and see how i get on. Also I may do some tradeskill and diplo at a later date, although i wont tie myself down to that smile

http://www.ehtenrion.com/fizzle/   Mutagenic_Outcast.avi was when we took The Mutagenic Outcast from Chaotic Leigon who are about the best eq2 guild worldwide, never mind our server. The same day we went on kill Chel Drake for our first time ChelDrak_DEAD.avi

http://www.eq2flames.com/showthread.php?t=4893 gives u an idea of where fizzleblood standing on our server from my time there, they have done more since.

I dont think its possible atm to steer this guild towards raiding. You really NEED a solid hardcore and experienced Main Tank to build a raid around. Also raiding is too far off and there are alot of bugs and performance issues, anyone we recruit is likely to get bored and upset with the game. I would much prefere to just play the game at BaG with peeps i know. You never know what the future may hold and in the future it may be possible to build to raid again, you never know smile

Brockie

It's Goodbye to the Shortcuts, Hello to the Grind
Nobody ever said it would be an easy ride
Suffer for your Art!