Topic: Shrine of the Wind Group 2

Who needs the quest/rewards?

I cant promise a Date yet since i am working Ceros isle first while a Group is there BUT...we definately can do a second rund on Shrine of the Wind if enought people want.

Re: Shrine of the Wind Group 2

From the experience of the first group I would advise two healers for this. It gets a bit messy at the end with lots of mobs charging the group - and CC can only be so reliable.

The grind itself is very laborious - the people doing this should be the ones who want it the most and will not give up no matter how depressing it gets! lol. Exi and I made a decision that we were going to do this and not give up - a little like we are now on Ceros Isle - and we just kept grinding those damned cyclops.

Apart from that I strongly suggest whoever is going to be leading the group, collecting the slivers and holding the shards/performing the rituals, speaks to me in game before starting the shrine events. It could be easy to screw it up and have to farm slivers again.

You need a competent tank, CC and good healers. The mobs themselves are no higher than 35 iirc - even on the final event. But the final event mobs do hit v hard and don't seem to like staying mezzed for long.

It's WELL WELL worth it btw. The weapons are absolutely amazing and really, it's just a grind.

Liliith and Invino would be interested but who is holding the shard?

I'm pretty sure Judge started farming them. Not sure how many he has though. As he's on Ceros Isle it might be worth other farming. It should be ok for different people to farm - providing they're in blocks of 100. The events are triggered by a dull mistral shard (100 slivers) but the update is groupwide. So providing the person looting the final shard from the named at the end of each event is one person - so one person gets all 5 energised shards, then it should be fine. This is because 1 person must hold 5 energised shards to trigger the shrine of the wind.

I'm confusing myself writing this - but basically I mean I think more than 1 person can farm them.

Meta wrote:

From the experience of the first group I would advise two healers for this. It gets a bit messy at the end with lots of mobs charging the group - and CC can only be so reliable.

The grind itself is very laborious - the people doing this should be the ones who want it the most and will not give up no matter how depressing it gets! lol. Exi and I made a decision that we were going to do this and not give up - a little like we are now on Ceros Isle - and we just kept grinding those damned cyclops.

Apart from that I strongly suggest whoever is going to be leading the group, collecting the slivers and holding the shards/performing the rituals, speaks to me in game before starting the shrine events. It could be easy to screw it up and have to farm slivers again.

You need a competent tank, CC and good healers. The mobs themselves are no higher than 35 iirc - even on the final event. But the final event mobs do hit v hard and don't seem to like staying mezzed for long.

It's WELL WELL worth it btw. The weapons are absolutely amazing and really, it's just a grind.

Im on 67 slivers atm. Seesh you seem to make it sound harder than it is. wink As far as ive heard, everyone needs 1 shard (wich is 100 sliver) for the final turn in to get the legendary item.

So... i have  a question, is it needed for 1 person only to have 5 shards, or can everyone turn in theyre own shard personally? Would sound a lot faster to do it that way since people might have a sliver or 2 and mostly people just duo on normal days... so that would get over with the shrine parts, and then everyone could duo for the last shard to get the final turn in. Right?

We could form probably like 2 groups, with the help of couple of guildies to make a dream group to make sure everyone passes the shrines one by one, depending on the rate that people are needing the shards. I allready started doing it with judgemax, meldrin and hazarad so, theyre in it at least.

I should clarify the items and their uses.

Slivers - drop from cyclops, random uncommon drop, 100 slivers can be turned in at the little cyclops NPC for 1 Dull Mistral Shard

Dull Mistral Shard (not tradeable) - this item triggers the events at the lesser shrines. At the end of the event, the person to loot the cauldron gets 1 Energised Mistral Shard. These are not tradeable.

Energised Mistral Shard - ONE PERSON needs 5 of these to trigger the shrine of the wind event. There are no further shard items - once the shrine of the wind is complete you should be ready to collect your legendary weapon.

So.... Although on our run I held all the slivers, all the shards and did all the clicking, I don't think it's necessary apart from one point. ONE PERSON must collect all 5 of the energised mistral shards. Because one person must hold 5 to trigger the shrine of the wind. So, 5 different people can farm the slivers and get the dull mistral shards and TRIGGER the lesser shrine events, but only one person should be looting the final energised shard.

NOTE!!!!! >>>> At the end of each lesser shrine event, a named pops, it dies easily and drops a shard (like the ones you'll be harvesting throughout the event). This is the final shard - and the person who will hold the 5 energised shards should loot it - when they place this in the cauldron, they will receive the energised shard.

My advice would be to have 1 person as dedicated harvester - throughout each lesser shrine event you must harvest shards of mistral and when you place them in the cauldron the next wave starts. I would advise that only one person does all of this stuff - so only one person gets all 5 energised shards.

I think this event is easy to screw up and it's worth being careful.

Oh one last piece of advice, whoever is harvesting the shards should stand right on top of them to harvest them - the bug with harvesting from too far away will result in having to farm another 100 slivers =/

I m ready to do the shrines event with Liliith. and I will log friday afternoon. I have only 3 slivers atm, soloing wasn't as easy as I thought. I will try again now I m level 35, and would help any groups forming for shard farming.
Just invite me in when I log and I'll come. When not doing that I try to xp to keep up with Fuen, Invino and Treokh. The gap is widening atm smile